knitnana: My Socks! AND - My Knitpicks Order Came!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

My Socks! AND - My Knitpicks Order Came!

Everyone in blogland seems to be flashing their stashes of socks! So, while mine is really kinda pitiful (I have only recently begun to knit socks quickly!), I'm rather proud of them and I thought I'd show mine off, too! There's one pair missing (it's in the wash) besides the pair I sent off to my Sockret Pal months ago...And I also included the finished first sock of my sister's Christmas socks - it's there on top of the others. I'm delighted to say that in less than 2 years, I've knit 8 pair of socks (in between other things). And I have one of another pair finished and yet another pair OTN...

Not too bad, huh?


Then my Knitpicks order came today...it was fairly fast, but I realize that when you get free shipping it takes longer. Jane says it's no doubt the holiday, but (knock wood) my bags are shipping and arriving in the proper time frame still, tho' I realize I'm paying for Priority Mail - KP's free shipping isn't Priority. Anyway, I ordered this a week ago on Sunday and it's here today so that's not too bad. But yes, the package sat in the Martinsburg WV Sortation Center from Friday to last night (at least that's what it says at Knitpicks.

I had ordered the Palette yarns to make the Fair Isle hat for me (from Holiday IK). You know, I have a bone to pick with KP. That pink appears pink on both the monitors I use (work and home) as well as in the catalog. It's the Petal colorway. Well, let me tell you, Petal isn't pink. It's a medium coral (with decided orange tones). (sigh)

The purples and grays (and black) are all as I expected (maybe a tiny bit brighter in the case of the purples, but not far off. Does ANYONE out there think that "petal" isn't pink?

You are forewarned...

Then, here are the needles I ordered - I got the size 2.5 mm Options AND Harmony's in the 16-inch circulars, along with another set of size 2.5mm dpns. My hope was that the silver Options would make my sister's Fleece Artist chocolate brown sock yarn more easily seen against the needles. And they are. But you know, these darn needles are so highly polished that with the knitting under the lamp they can be blinding!

I'm still pushing for KP to make the Harmony's in a blonde wood. I think we need a petition...anyone else interested?

I did finish my sister's first sock, and tonight got the second one on the needles. Once I get the toe increases done, I may well put it back on dpns. The bamboo is a lot easier on my eyes (not to mention my hands).

They're threatening our first touch of snow (flurries, mostly in the valley here) tonight and tomorrow as a clipper scoots through. It would be lovely to have some real snow. But what I want most? For the weather to STAY either cold or warm. This roller coaster is making a mess of my hands.

Ohhhh....I'm on a gripe tonight, huh?

(and I shouldn't be....progress on Grace is moving on schedule, I'm very pleased)
And I made progress on Christmas gifts, too. So it's really been a decent day.

Overall.

10 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I hear you about the flashing needles. When I first started using shiney ones, I thought they were going to drive me nutz. Either they have dulled some now, or they did drive me nutz ... I can't quite tell. :-)

11:17 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

If Petal is the one in the middle center, it looks coral on my screen. Sorry :( At least its a very pretty color

7:03 AM  
Blogger Tan said...

Hey, your pile of socks looks a lot like my pile of socks. That Blue Moon addiction shows.

I have thought that sock yarns from KnitPicks were a little too orange for my taste. Maybe Kelli likes orange a lot.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Barbara-Kay said...

You know, the Petal is not what you (obviously) intended, but it may be just what the project needs. Knit up in Fair Isle, it will make the other colors sing!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry about the petal...it is very coral..and those needles can be really hard on the eyes. You go girl with your socktackular collection! :)

10:47 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, I've never noticed my metal needles flashing!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

The Petal looks closer to the Apricot or the Orange samples in the catalog. I wonder if they had some skeins that were mismarked? I'd let them know about it. I'm very happy with the Palette heathers I ordered - they have so much more depth than the solid colors. Have you tried rubbing the shiny needles with waxed paper to see if that will dull the shine just a tad? I use wax paper on my bamboo needles all the time to make them slide easier.

12:17 PM  
Blogger kat said...

Yes that is very coral...that is always my problem with buying online especially if I'm trying to match colors. You have a very nice stash of socks!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I feel the same way about the Petal. It looks more like a Coral IRL. I was really disappointed when I got it. *le sigh*

4:32 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a nice assortment of socks! I guess I just don't spend enough time with my sock needles... Hey, I agree, that 'petal' would not be what I expected either!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!