knitnana: It's Raining Sock Yarn!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, February 25, 2008

It's Raining Sock Yarn!

Okay, not really, but there appears to be an abundance of the scrumptious squishy goodness headed my way - I've got the yarn coming from the painting depicted below, and because my suggestion was chosen, that means I'm going to get April's yarn in the sock club free. As such, since I'd budgeted for that month, I'll buy another member's November yarn that isn't in colors she loves, but I'd sat that month out, feeling the pinch of Christmas.

You all know how crazy I am about socks and sock yarn?

And I told you I promised to make my Big Sis another pair? Well...her yarn arrived today, fresh from Knit Happens in Alexandria, my second favorite LYS in the whole world (Knitter's Knook is my new favorite - which is a good thing since it's local!).

Big Sis warned me that I wouldn't want to send it back.

She was right.

C*eye*ber Fiber's Wool/Tencel sock yarn in Augustus colorway. Isn't it scrumptious?

And I have to send it back. (sigh)

I've emailed Mama E. She's working on another order for Knit Happens. I think I'll call and ask them to hold this colorway for me.

Or maybe...just maybe. I should knit from my sock yarn stash?

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OK, does the sock yarn stash weigh more than the Meezer? If if does, you have to knit from the stash.....

11:11 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Of course you should knit from your own stash. But there's nothing wrong with enhancing the stash, too!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Vouray said...

Wait, did I miss something? Why do you have to send it back?

9:35 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Skeinky! I have to send it back to my sister as KNITTED SOCKS!
:)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Thanks for letting me be your favorite yarnshop! That means so much to me!!! Hope the sinus stuff is better, I've been right there with you.
Someone once told me that sock yarn couldn't be stash as you have a definite purpose for it. I was glad to hear this as my sock bins (note the plural) runneth over!
Love that color, lucky sister. I will be calling you in a day or so, and can't wait to see you again!

12:36 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Congrats on winning with the Almond Branches in Bloom suggestion. That's some lovely sock yarn you have in the photo there!

12:50 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

That is some of the more gorgeous sock yarn I've seen in awhile - I vote for you to enhance your stash.
Unless your sock yarn stash weighs more than your couch, you can still add to it.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oh yummy! I'd enhance the stash, but then I have absolute zero will power. :)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Nope. You need that yarn. Heck, *I* need that yarn!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What beautiful spring colors... I think you are allowed to have more stash than the Meezer weighs, after all cats are notoriously lighter than they look:)

11:19 PM  
Blogger Vouray said...

Whoops, sorry I'm alittle slow...that's what I get for skimming!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!