knitnana: Knitter's Knook!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Knitter's Knook!

Pal Lynette and I took off on a Saturday road trip ... just a short distance down the pike from home, in a little community called Boones Mill (ok...it's one of those "sleepy hollers" some folks refer to as "bedroom communities" - except you usually have to be near a bigger city than Roanoke to qualify for that status!). Boones Mill is homey and funky and fun. There you'll find a new little knit shop...The Knitter's Knook!

The shop sits back off the main road a bit, but you can see it from the road, and there's a Subway nearby (which is critical when Lynette and I go much of anywhere...we're into healthier fast food, tho' I must admit we're both partial to the tuna salad!)

At Knitter's Knook, you'll find every color of Mission Falls 1824 wool you could ask for - and don't miss the owner's MDK Log Cabin blanket on the back of the red sofa! There are so many choices: Trekking, scads of Plymouth yarns, Green Mountain, Cherry Tree Hill, Dale of Norway...(this shot only shows ONE row of the store's shelves and the start of another, then there are 4 more...plus another across the back), it's a small shop, but has plenty of space - the ceilings are high and the shelves go on forever...okay, not really, but I'm short, and those are tall shelves!
Here, owner, Becky Bolling is helping a customer with the start of her own Log Cabin. Becky is a delight, friendly, cheerful, and encouraging. And she knows her stuff!

Thursday nights are knit nights and the shop is open every other Sunday afternoon and she's thinking of having a knitting group meet then...

I was invited to bring a few bags and needle cases down to put in the store, something I've not done before. (You can see them on the straight-backed chairs at the back of the photo) One sold within minutes of my walking in the door! What a delightful surprise!

I behaved myself. I only bought this:
Trekking XXL #160. I was thinking it was time for something lighter and brighter on my needles as we're coming into spring and the Trekking 66 is sooo dark!

But frankly, the reason I didn't buy more? Um. That Mission Falls? That Log Cabin blanket. Oh my. Well....as soon as I can decide which colors I want to use, I'm going back - I fell madly in love with Becky's VERY Amish-inspired colors in the blanket she made. That blanket is stunning! So I know it's my next BIG project.

So have no fear, I WILL be back, Becky! For my log cabin blanket, I'm seeing purples, rose, burgundy, teals, greens, black, and then maybe...hmmmm. That gold - the one you used? I think that's the "poison" color you spoke of, what do you think?

If you're in the area, you'll want to drop by. I'm delighted to find we now have three LYS's in the vicinity! Viva la choice!

Unfortunately for my head, the day was crystal clear and sunny. By the time we got back to town, I was in full-blown migraine from the "strobe" effect of the light thru the trees. Shades were drawn, Tylenol taken, a hot pack on my neck...and I decided to try to post this before it got too late in the day.

Suddenly I feel a "pad,pad,pad" on my leg...

Pay attention to me, Mommie

Yes, RIGHT there...

8 Comments:

Blogger Geraldine said...

Sounds and looks like a very nice shop and shopping trip...sorry about the migraine, hope it's gone completely by the time you read this.

Huggs, G

8:34 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Thank you so much Sallee for coming to bring your FAB-u-LOUS bags to the shop! I so enjoyed you and Lynette staying to chat with me for a while, and I appreciate the kind words about the shop. Looking forward to seeing you both again soon. I'm signed up for the group! Hope by morning your headache will be all gone.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

I'm looking forward to going too. I haven't seen her blanket but Catie did one probably similar in Ultra Alpaca and I want one too! Great that she has some of your bags. No doubt that will be profitable.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Sounds like a great shop, and that you have plans for a great log cabin. Glad you had a good time; I hope your migraine is gone. Kitty love I think can be the best medicine. Kitty wanting dinner NOW...not so much.

8:49 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Bad migraine! Kick that sucker right out the door.

Glad to hear about a new outlet for your Nana gear. What a delightful idea. Here's hoping that it is successful.

8:59 PM  
Blogger kat said...

sounds like a great day sorry it ended with the headache!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry about the headache...hope you are feeling better today. What fun though to visit such a nice yarn shop! :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Wow. What a selection that store has! I'm sooo envious. My LYS is a closet. A literal closet.

Congratulations on that quick sale! I think you're bags will do really well there. How can they not? :)

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!