knitnana: There's Knitting to Share...!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, October 11, 2010

There's Knitting to Share...!

Remember that I was knitting a hat for Shanti's Mom's project? Well, I finished it:
I love my model, don't you?
and a side view...

And finally:
The close-up. Can I tell you how much I love this yarn?
Oh. Here are the details of it all:
Pattern: The Marson Watch Cap
Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Wool (Superwash!) in BLACK
Needles: size 7 (I used Plymouth Bamboo circulars and Plymouth bamboo dpns as the cap got smaller and smaller at the top.

Notes: None. LOVE this pattern, love the yarn, love the needles. There's enough love here, that I might just have to dig in stash and see if I have enough yarn to make another hat. Because, I think our sailors on Shanti's ship deserve the very best.

Don't you?

Now...I'm also ready for tomorrow: heading back to work, like I haven't been working all weekend, right? Well, I'll also be stopping by the Post Office with these:
This isn't all I did this weekend, I have one very large order that is going to require a much bigger box than the post office provides...and I have to finish that order, too. Also there are boxes heading to the purchasers of a couple of my Quacker Factory sweaters (size 1X) that were sold on ebay this weekend...(yes, there are more, and yes I'd love to sell them).

I'm now heading off to bed, with this:
The best eye candy I can think of right now. My favorite? Some would think St. Brigid, and it's hard to say "no that's not it..." because all the years I thought if I ever got my hands on this book that would be the only sweater I'd want to knit.

But then I saw Eala Bhan. I wonder if a feminine, multi-mini buttonholed cardigan with flared hips and cables front, back, on shawl collar, and down the sleeves makes for a good first sweater.
(Probably not, but then, have you ever known me to do things by the easy route?)

Have a great week!

2 Comments:

Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I suggest you go check out the Rainey Sisters blog for their versions of Eala Bahn. Seeing it in other colors may help you decide.

And I'm sure you could do it.

Great hat!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

You got it! You got it!! AAAAAHHHHH!! I want it!

And now I need to go check out that pattern. In the end, here's what I have to say about hard first patterns: if you want it, you will knit it. :) (I know, no help at all!)

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!