knitnana: Precious Little Knitting

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Precious Little Knitting

There's been precious little knitting. I know you think I must be sewing, but there's been a decided lack of that as well...something IS going on, tho'. I'm just not quite ready to divulge that info...*wink*

But it has kept me busier than normal...I have been taking knitting with me, most of where I go...these squares mostly:
And last night I decided I needed a new shawl, a special one. So I broke out the Briar Rose Sea Pearl I purchased at Sock Summit 09:
The tencel in it makes it darned hard to get a true color shot. There are 800 yards in that cake, and the last 50 or so took a lot of time untangling...but it was worth it. It's a luscious grayed grape, steel blue, taupe mix of Merino and tencel. Yummy!

I hope to put it on the needles this weekend to make a special Gracie Shawl for myself. There should be enough yarn, but it's one of Myrna Stahman's top-down Faroese styles, so of course, I can stop wherever I need to stop and it will be fine....

Ok. That's the best I can give you this Memorial Day weekend. Perhaps soon I'll let you in on my latest info. I hate to be a tease, but then again? No, I think that might actually be fun!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Erica said...

Love the squares, and anything knit with Briar Rose is bound to be good!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Enjoy your long weekend, whatever you're up to!

12:33 PM  
Blogger squiggi said...

I'm with you on the lack of knitting thing. Seems like I just want to work on house stuff and be outside.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Ooh, I love Sea Pearl and I love anything Myrna Stahman designs. This should be lovely, and a nice summertime knit, too.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste
I honor the place in you, which is of love, truth, light, and peace.
When you are centered in that place in you, and I am centered in that place in me,
we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782