knitnana: Ten on Tuesday - Powerball!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ten on Tuesday - Powerball!

Okay, this week's Ten on Tuesday post is about the 10 things I'd do if I won the Powerball jackpot. Hm. Well, first of all, you realize I have to buy a ticket to do that, and I've never bought one of those (just one for our little Lotto here, and only on rare occasions - I really don't believe in gambling, even tho' I know that the proceeds from this go to our educational system, which at least is a good thing). But I will play along today, since it won't cost me anything to dream!

1. Pay off debts. (Doesn't everyone say this?)

2. Buy a home. Here's a dilemma. I'm not sure if I'd buy the loft, or town/patio home, or if I'd head out to the country to buy the small homestead I've always wanted - where I could grow veggies and herbs, have the chickens. I do know what My Sweetheart would say to that - I think we'd end up with the former, rather than the latter! ;)

3. Fund my retirement and school funds for my 4 grandchildren.

4. Do something nice for my friends and family (not sure just what, but I'd try to help them with the things that are the toughest for them right now).

5. Create endowments for the nonprofits I've worked for. And probably give nice gifts to some of the others in town - I'm particularly interested in the arts, so there and public TV/Radio is where most of the "contributions" would go. I have a few kitty shelters that would benefit, too.

6. Make sure My Sweetie has the cute little sports car he's always wanted - I don't exactly know what that is, as I've heard about a few of them. But HE will know.

7. I'd think about maybe opening that yarn/book/coffee shop I've always wanted (but not sure I'd really do it...see below)

8. I'd quit my job. I know there are a lot of folks who say they wouldn't but here's my reasoning: I'm getting older, and would enjoy retiring now. I'd make sure the replacement person was in place, and get them well trained (volunteering my time), but I wouldn't just up and quit. That would open up a decent job for someone who maybe doesn't have one right now. I'd like to think that someone in need might benefit from my abdication! I'd make sure that My Sweetie could also retire now, if he wanted to.

9. I think I'd travel. I'd love to buy a little vintage camper to redo to my heart's delight, and I'd pack up the knitting, and the cats, and head on out. Sweetie is of the same mindset, I think, so we could have great fun trundling all over this country that I, for one, have never seen much of. I think I'd like one that looked like this one but I expect I'd have to rethink this if Sweetheart comes along - it's just too girly for him!

10. Mostly? I'd make sure there was enough money left that when I learned of someone in need, I could just leave the money necessary to help them out, in an anonymous way. While money doesn't answer everyone's needs, if you don't have to worry about the money, you can move on to do the things you really want to do in life.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Head on straight - check!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Carole said...

Not worrying about money for me, for my kids and for those I know in need would be an amazing thing indeed.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

This is a fun one and I think about now and then. It would be great to help myself, help others and give to charity. I wonder why I never buy a ticket? Hugs! :)

7:07 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I totally agree - I would quit my job and do things I find more satisfying and maybe not as selfish. I think I could happily retire at 47!

9:00 AM  
Blogger dianne said...

The camper and traveling around the country sounds like fun!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

THAT camper is too girlie for me! Love to travel and help, so let's go.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I like this list! I share many of these. I'd keep working, I think, but less. And I have to admit for a selfish yen for regular massages and twice-a-week horseback riding lessons :). But I'd create that endangered language fund first (and kids' college funds first of all!).

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!